In December 2021, 21 students from the Professional Careers Units in the School of Business at Western Sydney University completed a two week intensive virtual India study tour supported by the New Colombo Plan, the University and NEXSTEP. A similar number had completed this tour in June 2021.
The tour consisted of:
– Virtual presentations from Tata Group, Kerala Startup Mission, TeamIndus, Sanjay Srivastava, Mahindra World City, Cups Innovation, BigHaat, Asia Link, Austrade’s Senior Trade Commissioner in Mumbai, Indian diplomats, Dr Girijasankar Mallik and Anthony Matis.
– Virtual 360° tours of Mumbai, Dharavi, Kochi, Jaipur, Bangalore, Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Hawa Mahal, farms, and local’s homes.
– Participated in activities on Indian business etiquette, food, cinema, cricket, spirituality, yoga and completed a Capstone Project with Team Indus.
– Video presentations from Global Leaders who explored the potential of the Indian Diaspora Diplomacy and how to harness it effectively in shaping Australia India business narrative.
– Attended in-person business events in Sydney, including the 2021 Salvos Multicultural Gala, Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence Gala, FOMA Artist & Cultural Exhibit and Runway Showcase, IABCA Awards Gala and visited a number of cultural, religious places of Indian heritage and significance.
Student Feedbacks included statements of:
“This study tour has made a profound impact on how I see the world.”
“ It was highly informative, mind-boggling and absolutely exhilarating.”
“It’s been an amazing experience to learn about the religions that reside in India as well as having the opportunity to network.”
“The tour enlightened me to delve deeper into the Indian culture and innovations.