Competition for art gallery internships is generally high. However, employment opportunities are expected to grow as fast as average for careers in art so there are many jobs to fill, especially in the area of multimedia (including growth for video producers, animators, and video game designers). For art and design enthusiasts, Asia is unarguably where the focus is right now. Although relatively new to the art and design world, Asia is quick to catch up. New galleries are sprouting and museums are avidly organizing world class exhibitions to keep the local art lovers satisfied.
Sample Design Project
- Working on creating brand identity for a hotel chain, create logos, visual, colors, patterns.
The design industry is a vibrant, varied, and dynamic creative sector that plays a powerful and important role in many areas of our lives. Designers help conceive and shape products and services; they contribute hugely to the visual world around us; they create communications for organizations of all shapes and sizes; they influence how we use buildings and help improve our workspaces; they can contribute to building better public services or create more efficient working processes; they create the interfaces we use daily on digital devices; they help us digest information; they create the clothes you’re wearing and the chair you may be sitting on. Unfortunately, there are more students leaving design education than there are jobs to receive them. This means that in addition to qualifications, a designer’s industry experience, skill set and creative ability will be very influential in securing a job or client work.
I certainly enjoyed the program and the experience. Thank you for everything you’ve done.
I met great people and have amazing memories since coming here. Definitely great food by the way
NSC interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Working at the hotel reception desk processing bookings, cancellations, and guest inquiries.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the restaurants and kitchen for the food and beverage department.
- Liaising with reservation, maintenance, and housekeeping departments in order to complete set tasks.
- Understanding contract rates and allotments with travel agents, wholesalers, and inbound bookings.
- Managing the creative English content of the hotel website.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
LAND MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNSHIP!
Not only are our internship placements completely customizable, but also the experience we provide outside of the workplace.