Whether working a lot on your own or as part of a larger team, event planners should possess good attention to detail and be able to plan diligently, working within a budget. Participating in an event planning and management internship typically involves working in different fields such as:
- Event management companies
- Conference and exhibition venues
- Leisure facilities
At NEXSTEP, our main objective is to tailor the projects to your interest and background. In addition, we will help find you a placement in the event planning and management industry that will give you a taste of what your future career could look like in the field.
During the event planning and management internships that NEXSTEP has helped facilitate for students worldwide; some of the day-to-day tasks they have participated in include:
- Budgeting, establishing dates, selecting and reserving the event site, acquiring permits, and coordinating transportation and parking;
- Creating storyboards for advertisements;
- Creating visualizations and concept developments for famous parties and events;
- Developing themes or motifs for the event;
- Arranging for speakers and alternate speakers;
- Coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities);
- Arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, safety, parking, signage, health care professionals, and cleanup.
“I would recommend NEXSTEP Connections as they match students very well with an internship based on their subject study. My most memorable experience has being able to work with school children in a rural village in Hebei Province,” – Max Le Blanc, Skidmore College.
MAX LE BLANC
“I would recommend NEXSTEP Connections as they match students very well with an internship based on their subject study. My most memorable experience has being able to work with school children in a rural village in Hebei Province,”
Event Planning & Management Industry | 6 weeks |