Next Step Connection offers Guaranteed Internships in London.
London offers a vast resource for experience-based learning. The work environments available to interns cater to almost every major and include the various business sectors, not-for-profit, political, public sector, and creative organizations. Through our internship course, including the placements and internship seminars, you will have the opportunity to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and experience while working in a different culture and in a major global city.
Why do an Internships in London
British Life and Cultures Course Overview
It has been said that the US and UK are two countries divided by a common language. So what are the definitive cultural differences between these two nations? How do the British people define themselves in relation to their European neighbors and the rest of the world? How have historical, political, and artistic developments shaped the identity of this small island nation? This course serves as the anchor of a study program in London, offering students an opportunity to place what they are learning in their other courses into a larger, contemporary context.
Students will be empowered to appreciate more of what they observe during their stay in Britain. Students enrolled in this course will develop an understanding of the issues of this rapidly changing nation and the exciting effects this has on British identity, its relationship with Europe and the rest of the world. In addition to the traditional classroom experience, learning will be supplemented with guest speakers and guided visits to places of both historical and contemporary significance.
International Internship Course Overview
Internships in London placements, together with classroom seminars and written reflection, form the International Internship Course (IIC).
We strongly believe that careful monitoring and individual support are crucial in arranging suitable and rewarding Internships in London. Our Experiential Education Team works with each student individually from admission to the program to match their skills and background with an appropriate organization. The Team provides pre-departure and on-site support during the placement and internship process. IIC seminars allow for discussion, analysis, and academic reflection throughout your internship experience. Please note that all internships are unpaid and are for academic credit only.
In order to enhance and contextualize the internship experience, students participate in a variety of seminars designed to provide support to develop their understanding of the U.K. workplace and enable them to make the most of their experience. Students will work with faculty member and their peers to reflect upon the experience and exchange ideas.
Students will be assessed on:
- Their ability to engage analytically with the internship experience;
- Written assignments throughout the term;
- A presentation and written final report about their development throughout the process.
By the end of the internships in London, IIC students should be able to:
- Understand general aspects of the UK sector in which they worked and have a high degree of understanding of the organization in which they were placed
- Describe and reflect on their internship experience and the ways in which they have developed during the semester as well as be able to engage with intercultural issues that emerged
- Connect readings and key class themes to their work experience.
Internships in London Eligibility Requirements
- You will be applying for a Tier 4 visa
- In order to undertake an Internships in London, you must be enrolled at a NARIC-recognised university, on a degree that is equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree; and take the IELTS for UKVI test (no other type of IELTS test would be accepted) a list of test centers can be found here: https://www.ielts.org/book-a-
- You need to achieve a score of at least 5.5 in each section of the test (speaking, listening, reading, and writing).
- Previous experience and/or portfolios may be required.
- A background police check may also be requested
- Please contact us if you have any questions.
How it works
We recommend submitting your application as early as possible.
|Summer 2019 (May start)||March 15, 2020|
|Summer 2019 (June start)||March 15, 2020|
- Click on Apply Now and fill-in online application
- NSC admission manager will email you to review your application information and schedule a brief interview
- NSC admission manager to confirm your participation in our program
- If admitted, a US$400 enrollment fee will be required to start the internship assignment process.
- We offer Internships in London in 13 areas, catering to almost every major and providing students with a wide variety of opportunities. You can pick three industries of choice but won’t be given any placement choice.
- Ultimately, it is the companies and organizations that choose which student they will offer a position to, but the three choices you select will be the basis of your Internship Mentor’s search for your placement. As the internship is coordinated on your behalf, it is important that you understand the reality of what you should expect from your placement.
- Your Internships in London will be revealed upon arrival in London as the aim of the program is to give you an overall experience for you to understand the reality of working in London.
- Internships require flexibility, an open mind, a positive attitude, and a professional hardworking approach. You will be challenged in your London internship!
- Industries in the UK can be very different than in your home country and you should prepare for the fact that internship opportunities may be limited.
- You will most likely be placed with a small or medium-sized organization. Most large companies do not offer internships for a short period of time you are in London.
- All positions are unpaid and entry-level. You will be expected to complete a wide variety of tasks, from basic and administrative to more specialized and project-based.
- This is first and foremost a cultural experience. Interning in an international environment is an excellent learning opportunity to expand your cross-cultural skills.
- The success of your internship placement is what you make of it!
You should select three industry areas of interest which coincide with:
- your major (and/or minor, if applicable)
- your previous work/internship experience(s)
- your desired future career path
Additional requirements for certain choices
Certain industries require additional documentation:
- Students selecting Education, Public Health, Not-for-profits or the Legal and Justice areas must bring a valid police check with them to London
- Students selecting Politics must submit a political paragraph
- Students selecting Communications & Journalism must submit writing samples
- Students selecting Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Web Design or Creative Arts must submit a portfolio
Internship Industry Areas
Internships in London students can select from the following industries:
| Business & Entrepreneurship
|| Historical & Cultural Organizations
| Communications & Journalism
|| Technology & Design
|| Legal & Justice Organizations
| Environment & Sustainability
| Entertainment & Performing Arts
|| Public Health & Wellbeing
| Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
|| Social Welfare & Non-Profit Organizations
| Finance & Accountancy
Please note that there are no internships available in science, math, engineering or the medical industries. However, students in these fields can still have valuable experiences in Internships in London. Students in the medical field, for example, should consider Public Health & Wellbeing or Environment and Sustainability.
London Internship Program Tuition & Inclusions
- Guaranteed Internship Experience
- Housing with weekly clean linens and High-speed fiber optic wireless internet
- Assessment, Resume, Personal Branding & Interview Prep
- Two required academic courses
- FIE Grade Report
- Multi-day on-site orientation, including welcome reception, meetings and various local excursions
- Pre-departure preparation including visa advising
- London-based co-curricular activities
- Professional development exercises both during the pre-departure period and upon re-entry
- Travel/medical insurance
- Access to a subsidized calendar of extra-curricular events
- London transport pass (Oyster Card) for Zones 1 and 2 for the duration of the program
- Borrowing rights at the Kensington Central Library and local branch libraries
- 24-hour emergency support
- International Student Identity Card
- Reduced-fee gym membership
- Access to Writing Support Tutors
- Access to counseling sessions with staff psychotherapist
- Access to apply for Summer Scholarships
- Access to Mentor Program
- With Drexel University Transcript – U.S. school of record
(*)Assistance with Visa process (Visa cost not included).
All the team at NEXSTEP is carefully monitoring the situation of the 2019-nCoV in Asia…
NEXSTEP (Next Step Connections) and its partner Lotus Relocation co-created a successful study tour in…
Announcing the launch of our new podcast channel: Next Step Conversations with Michael I. Waitze!…
Being among industry giants like Microsoft, Li & Fung and AXA Asia, Next Step Connections…
Startup Radar had the honor to be part of NSC’s “2018 Innovation Study Tour”. The…
The rise of Asia as an innovation superpower lies in the impressive growth witnessed by…
Mr. Jerome Le Carrou and Mr. William Toh, directors at Next Step Connections (NSC) were…
On February 25, 2015, two delegates from Next Step Connections (NSC), the founder, Jerome Le…