SEMESTER IN THAILAND PROGRAMS
During your Semester in Thailand, you’ll live in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, gateway to South-East Asia, and a top travel destination, conveniently located near some of Thailand’s most beautiful islands and mountains perfect for weekend getaways. Studying in Bangkok, at Mahidol University is a unique opportunity to combine a rigorous academic program in a quality university to living in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
|Term I (Aug 24 - Dec 3, 2023)||June 1, 2023|
|Term II (Dec 27, 2023- April 10, 2024)||October 15, 2023|
|Term III (April 9 - July 24, 2023)||January 25, 2023|
Student Enrollment: 16,500
Mahidol University (MU) has royal origins: former King Chulalongkorn founded it in 1888 as the country’s first medical school. Since then, it has evolved into one of the most prestigious universities in Thailand. Mahidol ranks as the #1 university in all of Thailand, and as one of the top 50 universities in Asia. You can study a wide range of courses in three core areas: health science, science and technology, and social science and humanity.
Mahidol University, 999 Phuttamonthon 4 Road, Salaya, Nakhon Pathom 73170, THAILAND
NEXSTEP Office Address (Next To Campus):
5/28 M5 Salaya, Phuttamonthon 4, Nakhon Pathom, 73170, THAILAND
All of the classes in MU’s international degree programs are taught in English.
Min 9 Credits (Average 9-15 credits)
If not a native English speaker, proof of English proficiency 5.5 IELTS or equivalent is required [6.0 recommended for upper-level classes]; substantial university-level course work completed in English; or other assessment provided by Home University in the Nomination Letter.
GPA equivalent of 2.50/4.00 scale; good academic standing.
- Aged 18 and above
- Currently enrolled at an institution of higher education (university, university of applied sciences or similar)
- You should have sufficient English skills (B2 level). No language test is required.
INFO FOR STUDENTS
Travelling to another country to study and live in that country, learning not only from the courses you select and the teachers who teach them but from experiences during your time abroad whether in a formal setting or from within the communities you engage while abroad.
- Opportunity for Travel and Exploration
- Encourage Confidence & Self Discipline
- Increases awareness and tolerance
- Promote Patience & adaptability
- Broaden Perspective in an International context
- Exposure to Language & Culture differences
- Improve resume and employability
- Foundation for future leaders
INFO FOR ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS
WHY PARTNER WITH NEXSTEP AS AN ACADEMIC INSTITUTION?
Our semester programs will target your undergraduates or graduates in a specific academic discipline or across a broad range of majors.
NEXSTEP ensure that the experience is safe and non-threatening for students and provide all site-specific guidance and support as well as clear information regarding any potential health and safety risks and emergency planning specific to the internship setting. We also ensure that appropriate health, safety, and security measures are in place in case of emergency, including an emergency contact on location.
We ensure the best possible match between the internship placement and the student’s goals, knowledge, skills, and competencies With core values of Devotion & Responsibility, Trust & Integrity, Inspiration & Growth; the team act as guides and counselors to the student’s development. The team instills experiential knowledge throughout the program to develop student’s competencies and get them prepared for work and life.
We think global and act local with significant meaningful connections on the ground with the efficiency and experience to deliver the important components right every time.
Part of the success lies in managing the expectations among the students, the internship site and multiple stakeholders at the home institution to create an alignment for success with seamless interactions. We have 14 years of experience creating and delivering such programs involving multiple global parties and are confident in ensuring expectations are aligned and outcomes delivered.
By making our programs available to your student population, you are offering them an opportunity to broaden their horizons and enhance their capabilities at a reduced rate. Students will be able to complete any of our semester programs and will be be supported before, during and after their study abroad.
- Participate in your study abroad fair and deliver information sessions
- Support your office in recruiting students
- Offer Partner discount for all students from your institution
- Regular updates about your students during pre-departure and On-the-ground
OUR APPROACH TO STUDY ABROAD
From NEXSTEP Orientation Gateway to NEXSTEP Community Launchpad, we have designed our study abroad program by combining core components with embedded life and career to ensure you walk away with enhanced capabilities.
- Experiential Learning leader in Asia with more than a decade of experience
- High Programming Value
- Unmatched level of pastoral care in Thailand
- Transformative NEXSTEP Activities
- Health and Safety Track-record
- 20:1 Student/Coordinator Ratio
- Tuition and University Fees included
- Class/courses selections advising
- Tutors on request
- Official transcript
- Academic Advising
- 24/7 in-country Support (in-person and office)
- Airport pick-up
- Housing and utilities included
- Health & Travel Insurance
- Pre-departure Advising
- Student Handbook (W/Budget Guide)
- Immigration Visa Assistance
- Local Sim with Data
- NEXSTEP 3-day Gateway Orientation
- Host University Buddy Program available
- Fun historical and cultural trips
- Join local festivals
- Volunteer opportunities including local clean-ups, teaching at children’s center
- Personal Development activities
- Professional /Academic events
- Access to Community & Alumni program
- Professional Toolbox
- Personal branding
- Resume Building
- Translating study abroad to career goals
- Professional Workshops & Networking events
NEXSTEP Resident Director
Aaron J. Clark (affectionately referred to as P.A by students) is a native of the USA. He received a B.A from the University of Hawaii Manoa in Asian Studies, specializing in Southeast Asian Studies. He spent over 4 years abroad at Mahidol University, in Thailand for his M.A. His first hand experience offers insight and understanding of the student experience, the process, challenges and benefits of studied abroad, especially Thailand. Before joining NEXSTEP, Aaron's career in international education has spanned over 15 years in Thailand managing academic experiential learning programs for AsiaLearn, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, ISA and WorldStrides.
Aaron believes the programme is not just a study abroad opportinity for young people but rather an integrated cultural experience, promoting diversity as well as understanding of diffierent cultures.
"The best way towards peace is through experiences outside your home culture and comfort zone".
"The overseer of this program, has helped hundreds of foreigners throughout the years. I personally valued his insight and leadership when I was an international student at MUIC. My advisor has lived in Thailand for a decase, speaks fluent Thai and overall is just a tremendous soul and spirit."
"This experience was the best of my life and it could not have been so great if it weren’t for NEXSTEP."
“This program was one of the best and structured ones around! The staff was so hands-on that I truly felt like I was with my friends and family back home. Mahidol is a great school and the leaders of the program helped me find activities, clubs, and more-tennis club for me!”